Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pokhara and Nepal



Wow, I am not very good at this blog thing. I left my Thailand days on April 1st and landed in Nepal on April 2nd. Yes, it was a long journey for such a short distance but that's the way it goes on a budget. I left for my Everest base camp trek on the 4th and you can see pictures and some information at www.elfede.org. The impetus for going to base camp was to do some research for the foundations efforts to improve mountain rescue on Aconcagua. It was an amazing experience wherein I met many people who support me in my endeavors. Unfortunately my camera battery kept dying so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have wanted.

After I returned I decided to go to a small lakeside town called Pokhara. I was there for 8 days and did a lot of writing for the book. I stayed at a wee guesthouse called Guari Shankar where I would wake every morning at 6a.m. and write in the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment