Sunday, June 13, 2010

Time

Time

How does time really function, work, process itself? We allow it to somewhat control us. You think about it, I am in Thailand, at the present moment in time it is 3:08p.m. In Utah, at the present moment, it is 2:08a.m. In Argentina, at the present moment, it is 6:08a.m. My conocidos are in these different zones of time. I am here. Today, at lunch someone commented on how fast time has been passing for her here. She feels like it was "just yesterday" when she wrote on the board "June 1st" and today is June 14. I told her I had the opposite feeling. I have been here for two weeks and it feels like two months. Time is subjetive, yet, it functions at a determined rate. Weird-really is a time warp.

I also received an email today from Fede's brother, Marcelo. I remember, after Fede died, he told me: " just two years Amber", it will take two years and then you will be fine. It has been one year and a half (on June 8th it was, to be exact) and in 6 months, according to his predictions I will be fine.

Its those certain calculated periods of time that get me, that make me stop, for a moment (I cannot specify how long that moment is) and wonder about "it" ("it" is another matter for another day). Just how is it all measured.

Then you think about what you can accomplish in a certain period of time.
I think about this process and the speed of time. I have to be at school at 8:00a.m. and I teach 6 classes. Each one is 30 minutes long. i truly enjoy teaching but in 30 minutes time those children can do a lot and need to do a lot. It is amazing the number of activities I must come up with and I still often have "extra time". My mom would have been so good at this job Kru Ann that would have called her, she would have been a Thai legend with her smile.

Then, there is that something else, wanting time to pass, wanting time to pass. Kindof contrasts the whole live life and every moment to the fullest.

My intention isn't to go deep but to try and grasp the concept of this space that we are all in. Wading, running, gasping for air, and then holding our breath.

Ha, time to go climbing.

2 comments:

  1. Time, Time, Time, see what has become of me.. Great post Amber! There's usually too much of it when I wish things would go more quickly and never enough when I want to savour each and every nanosecond.

    ReplyDelete